Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Delta Police and the case of the Missing Address Sign!


As a resident of Delta, I must say I am happy that we are protected by what I think is the finest Policing Service, the Delta Police. A couple of days ago, I had a "property crime" happen, my beautiful marble address plaque was stolen! Although, I never reported it missing, I did happen to run into one of Delta's very helpful officer's and it came up in conversation. I mentioned to him about the "Missing Marble Sign". A couple of interesting facts came out of this, one being that it is a by-law issue to not have your address clearly visible from the road, I didn't know this! As I was describing the cool new sign I was going to design with slate and nickle numbers he started shaking his head no, upon asking why, he stated that it should be a lighted sign (preferably lighted numbers) in a clear and visible area from the street. Great information! As a homeowner, I was only thinking about the aesthetic look and not at it from a safety aspect whereas in the event of an emergency Police, Ambulance and Fire need to see your address clearly! So, homeowners please take a moment to check your address from the road! Also, if you would like to know more about the Delta Police Department check out their very informative site at www.deltapolice.ca

No comments: